- When it comes to knowing when the right time is to get an oil change, you can leave it up to Stone Mountain Volkswagen. As part of your ownership experience, we will contact you when it is time to schedule your maintenance. We will work with you to make the arrangements according to your schedule. However, if you would still like to know when you should get an oil change, you can check your owner’s manual to see what the specific time intervals are for your model. You can also call our service center at any time and we can look up the information for you.
- To know when the best time is to replace your car battery, you should take a look at the warranty date on the battery. Thus date is indicated by a letter and a number. The letter stands for the month (A for January, B for February, etc.) and the number is for the year. You should change your battery before the date to prevent any issues. You can also have your battery checked for any problems at our service center.
- There are many issues that can lead to your vehicle not starting. Some things include a bad starter, a dead battery, a bad alternator, a bad sensor, or a stretched or broken timing belt. If it is the starter, you will likely hear a click when you try to turn it on. This could also mean it is the battery and you should check this with a voltmeter if you have one. The voltmeter should show the battery with at least 12 volts when it is one and should not drop below 10.50 bolts when the key is turned in the ignition. If it does, it may be the starter.
- When this light comes on, then you need to bring your vehicle into the service center as soon as you can. The only way to determine the problem is to plug a code reader into the diagnostic port of your vehicle.
- There is no hard line for when to determine the time to buy or replace tires because it depends on a variety of factors. Tires tend to wear faster on rough surfaces like gravel. If the tires are made with a softer rubber, they also wear faster. The type of tire will have an estimated number of miles associated with it so this is a good rule of thumb but you should still always check for wear, low pressure, or other imperfections.
- Getting the alignment checked will determine if you need to get this done. A sign that it is needed is an uneven wear pattern on your tires.
- When it is time to get new tires, you should talk with one of our service advisors to determine the best type of tire based on the types of roads you drive on, where you drive, and other factors. With this information, they can help you find the perfect tires for you and your vehicle.
How many miles before my Volkswagen needs an oil change?
When should I replace my car battery?
What if my vehicle doesn’t start?
What if my “Service Engine Soon” light turns on?
How often do I need to buy or replace tires?
Do I need to align my tires when I get new ones?
What kind of tires should I get?
- As a rule of thumb, you should replace hoses when they get soft or start to show cracks. Additionally, if belts show signs of dry rot, the bottom is shiny, or they are no longer keeping tension, it is time to replace.
- OEM stands for “original equipment manufacturer” parts. These are made by the manufacturer and are sold by Volkswagen or other parties. Generic parts are made to fit your vehicle but they are not as high of a quality. Here at Stone Mountain Volkswagen, we only use Volkswagen OEM parts for all services.
When should I replace my belts and hoses?
What is the difference between OEM and generic part?
- Now, all Volkswagen vehicles come with HomeLink. This is a leading vehicle-based wireless control system and it allows you to easily open and close your front gate or garage door, manage your home security system, and even turn off and on any interior or exterior lighting, electronics, or appliances.
- It is also a very streamlined component because it only uses three easy buttons inside your vehicle and removes the clutter of other remote controls in your vehicle. It is easy to program and a very compatible system with many garage door openers and gate systems as well as many other frequency (RF) controlled devices.
- Another great technology that is included in new Volkswagen models is Bluetooth technology that allows you to connect your smartphone. This allows you to have hands-free access to many of the functions of your phone. Some things you can do include making or taking phone calls, checking your voicemail, listening to music, and more. To enjoy these features, you will just have to pair your smartphone. You can do this in a few easy steps or by stopping in to see one of our technology experts to help.
- When your car is parked, you can turn on your vehicle’s Bluetooth as well as your smartphone’s Bluetooth so they can find each other. Once found, you will see it on the screen of your smartphone. You will want to select this to confirm it. You will then get a prompt in your vehicle to connect and will need to enter in the provided pin to pair them.
Homelink puts you in control without the remote control.
Stay Connected With Volkswagen Bluetooth
How to Pair Your Phone to Volkswagen Bluetooth
Volkswagen Bluetooth Connect